Will you be able to pick the lucky chicken? In this game of chance and strategy, you can either pick a chicken and hope to find the golden egg or you can go for the sure bet of assured points.
The game is customizable with three different board games. Questions can be displayed on screen or not.
For each question, each team must 'bet' on an unknown chicken or on the eggs with the determined amount of points. Once the answers are revealed, they will see how much money was hiding under each chicken.
HOW TO PLAY
- Start a new game.
- Select the number of student teams (up to 6), the game size (10 questions, 15 questions or 20 questions) and to display questions on screen or not*.
- Select a color and a name for each team of students.
- Start the game by asking each team to ''pick'' one of the chickens or the revealed egg.
- Once their choice is made, the teacher asks the first question to all teams.
- Select correct or incorrect for each team in order for them to lock in their answer.
- Click on ''Reveal answer'' to see how much money was hiding under each of the chickens.
- If a team has a correct answer but reveals an empty nest, they will get 1 chick. After 3 chicks, they will get 10 points.
- The team(s) with the most points at the end wins.
*Deciding not to display questions on screen will allow teachers to ask a question aloud, add supporting material in a separate window (a video, an audio, a larger math problem, etc.) and use the game without making it content dependent.
Game tip: As each group answers every question each time, we recommend that you use some small dry erase boards or notebooks to keep track of each team answers. That way, teams won't copy each other's answers as they respond aloud.